What sticks in your brain? Have you ever heard a melody and it kept going ’round and ’round in your head for the rest of the day (or night)? If you like the song, then that’s OK – but if you don’t… well, it can drive you batty!
And it’s the same with our thoughts. Sometimes the thoughts we think are helpful for our behavior, and sometimes they aren’t.
Wouldn’t it be good to have sticky positive thoughts going ’round our head rather than those stinky negative ones?
Sticky Positive Thoughts
Let’s get some sticky positive thoughts into our brains… Do any of these resonate with you?
- I’m loved and wanted.
- My time will come – I can be happy when others succeed.
- God supplies all my needs.
- I am able and capable. I can.
- If I fail, I’ll fail forward.
- Positivity is my first choice.
- I’m thankful for all things.
- I have a spirit of power, love and a sound mind.
- My goals are my focus – I don’t play the comparison game.
- If I’ve learned something then I’ve succeeded.
- Stopping to smell the roses is a joy in my life.
- When I give, I do it with my whole heart.
- Excellence is my calling.
- The peace of the Risen One abides with me.
- Challenges are opportunities to grow and improve.
- Feelings are not facts – I stop and think before I speak and act.
- I have all the time I need.
- Being organized is fun.
- I have hope for the future.
- I have great value.
- I’m thankful for now – I can see the joy in today.
- Prayer provides my strength.
- I invest in relationships by celebrating the little things.
- My waiting is never wasted.
- It’s OK to say “no”.
What do you say to yourself to think positive thoughts? Take a couple from the list above and write them down – put them in prominent places around your space to nudge you into
(I have three sentences on my night-table. They’re Scripture verses – ones that hold great meaning for me. They adjust my thinking when I find myself sliding into a negative spot.)
Find some sticky Positive Thoughts and nurture an optimistic outlook!
(It can’t hurt, can it?)