Notice the sweetness in life, not just the mistakes, messes, or inconveniences.
Where did this idea of watching for sweetness come from? Well, it’s all a part of playing with paper… as I create seven journals that highlight summer fruit, I began to research thoughts about watermelon, lemons and strawberries. (Yes, I do go down odd rabbit holes! LOL)
Here is the thought about the lowly watermelon which sparked this post:
If you focus on only the seeds in a watermelon, you miss the sweetness of the meat.
Isn’t that just like life?
We can notice the mistakes we make – or we can take delight in the whole.
and here’s another profound thought sparked by the sweetness of watermelon…
If people have time and patience, they will be able to count the number of seeds in a watermelon. But not one person can tell you how many watermelons will grow by planting one seed.
Notice and participate in the sweetness:
- Smile at someone. That’s a seed sown of pleasantness. You’d be surprised at the power of a smile!
- Be kind – open a door, play with a child, wave to a neighbor… here are 25 ideas!
- Give encouragement. Be the reason someone believes in the goodness of people.
Thanks for joining me – you’re one in a melon!
If you’re interested, here’s a video where I made these ephemera for the journal: Click for YouTube:
Here are a few jokes that will be in the journals:
- Why did the watermelon go crazy? He lost his rind.
- When do you start on red and stop on green? When you’re eating a watermelon!
- Why did the watermelons ask for permission to get married? Because they cantaloupe.
Be prompted to be positive via email- to remind you that you're loved, to be thankful, of encouraging and to be encouraged and of setting and achieving goals. That's Positive ThanksLiving!