Goodness. It needs to begin somewhere…
Let goodness begin with you.
And if not now, then when?
Be the reason someone believes in the goodness of people.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
Against such things there is no law.
Galatians 5:22,23 NIV
What could be considered “goodness”?
- Go that extra mile when you see something is missing.
- Reach out to encourage, without expectation of return.
- Provide what’s needed – anonymously if possible.
- Smile even when you don’t feel like it.
- Clean up a mess, especially if you weren’t involved.
- Open doors for others – figuratively speaking.
- Be with someone. Just be. No words, or advice.
- Give a verbal hug to someone who has felt rejected.
- Let go of something. Release your anger or expectation, or…
- Care for something that’s not your responsibility.
What would you add to this list?
Who has been “good” to you? How have they demonstrated their goodness?