Be thankful for your favorite food – what is it? Spicy, sweet or salty?
Do you have a particular food that rings your bell, when you smell it cooking it causes you to salivate, or you obsess over? I’m guessing that you – like me – may have more than one favorite.
In case you need some prompting, here are some favorite food items that might be on your list:
- chocolate – in any form
- scalloped potatoes
- cheesecake – what kind?
- pizza – wood-fired, Chicago style or loaded?
- a thick slab of Prime Rib
- chocolate-dipped strawberries
- Caprese salad with extra basil
- poutine (for me, the perfect one is from Harvey’s in Canada)
- french onion soup
- grilled cheese sandwiches
- mac and cheese
- lobster dipped in clarified butter
- homemade jam on warm toast
- garlic shrimp linguine
- Charcuterie plate
- french toast with real maple syrup
- peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
- spaghetti and meatballs
- hot wings
- ice cream – what flavor?
- pot roast
- sweet-potato casserole
- cashew nuts
- milk and cereal
- chocolate pudding
- sub sandwiches
- turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy
- Bread. (I’ve never met a bread I didn’t like!)
- lightly steamed broccoli with a drizzle of lemon butter
- ribs slathered with sauce
- ramen noodles – the authentic kind
- sloppy joes, dripping with goodness…
- and what else would you add to the list?
I’m guessing this list barely touches on some of your favorites!
Record your favorites in your gratitude journal – and maybe even have them (or at least one) for supper! <wink>
It’s always a good day to eat your favorite food!
Here are more prompts in the series #30daysofthankfulness:
- Thankful for the View
- Your nose knows how to be thankful.
- Being Thankful for the Investment
- A history of being Thankful for books.
- Thankful for Convenience
- Thankful for your Spot
- Thankful for Traditions
- Being Thankful for prayer
- Thankful for your favorite…
- Aways thankful for safety
- Be thankful for H20
- Being thankful for new experiences, people and things.
- Thankful for old stuff, experiences and…
There’s real power in going through all the areas in which you’re feeling thankful – let’s play together!